Fly Fishing Rules for All Boat & Bank Anglers
If in doubt Call the lodge 01530 230807
By purchasing a fishing permit or membership you agree to abide by the rules set below
Fishery Staff reserve the right at all times to search customer’s personal bags & vehicles.
Any person who is abusive to fishery staff, our landlord’s representatives, or found to be breaking any of the fishery rules will be reported to senior management & you may be asked to leave.
- Fly Fishing from the Bank, Boats & Float tubes
- On arriving at the fishery go directly to the fishing lodge reception area and sign yourselves in, you are required to sign out at the end of your visit
- Fly fishing is the only permitted method – No Treble Hooks
- All anglers must be in possession of a valid fishing permit & Environment Agency rod license
- Lifejackets to be worn at all times when on the boat pontoons & in boats.
- Bank fishing commences from 7.30am with boats & float tubes available from 8.30am, closing times displayed at the lodge
- Ensure all trout returned are allowed adequate time to recover
- Any bleeding, badly hooked or trout unlikely to recover must be despatched and given to a member of staff
- Boat Anglers – NO TROLLING
- Electric engines are allowed
- No boats or float tubes allowed out on the water if the average wind speed exceeds 25mph
- 3 people maximum allowed out in boats with only 2 permitted to be fishing at any one time
- Boat Anglers give way to bank angler
- Boat anglers to keep 50 meters from any bank angler
- Boat anglers when traveling should keep 50 meters from any bank
- No beaching or grounding of boats, ensure you have adequate depth of water for the boat to travel, drift, anchor safely at all times.
- All litter to be placed in the dustbins provided
- Be aware of sudden changes to the weather, increased wind, thunderstorms, temperature. Seek shelter off the water during thunderstorms