A reminder of our Covid operating procedures at our fisheries, Draycote – Thornton – Eyebrook. All our counters have a Perspex screen fitted with hand sanitizing points as you enter the lodges.
Ensure you remove any litter from the boats especially any food wrappings, bottles, cans etc & place it in the dustbins provided.
Covid Operating Procedure While Visiting Draycote Eyebrook & Thornton Trout Fishery
- Pre-Booking: All Bank & Boat anglers, will be required to call the lodge & pre book your visit
- Pre-payment will be required at your time of booking, this will reduce queuing at the lodge.
- Pre-payment can be made by a credit / debit card.
- Confirmation of your Boat or Bank Booking along with your receipt will be posted at the lodge next to the Booking In – Booking Out sheet. Hand sanitiser points are provided at the lodge entrance doors for you use
- Lodge & Tackle shop are open, use the hand sanitiser as you enter & from July 24th it will be mandatory for you to wear a face covering within the shop, this can be a Buff, scarf, mask, face shield etc
- Observe the 1m+ social distancing guidelines within the lodges / shop
- Bank Anglers are to ensure they observe social distancing and while fishing keep a minimum of 15 meters apart. Bring your own hand sanitiser and use it as required during the day especially if you’ve used barrier key pads, combination locks, sat on benches or opened gatesBOATS:
- Two anglers may share a boat, or three anglers from the same household
- We recommend you follow the Angling Trust guidelines & wear a face covering while the boat is moving under power
- Bring your own hand sanitiser & use it as required during the da
Pontoon Access Guidelines Posted at the Pontoon Walkway-
- All Anglers Wait at the pontoon walkway
- Fishery Staff will call you forward onto the pontoon.
- Boat Numbers will be allocated by the staff working the pontoon once your called forward.
- Prevent Queuing & Delays Minimize your journey to & from the boat.
- Do Not Tackle up in the boat next to the pontoon, staff will instruct you to leave the pontoon as soon as possible.
- Two Anglers fishing together MUST BE READY when called to come onto the pontoon together.
- The angler in charge of the engine will enter the boat first while his partner passes him/her the tackle.
- Minimize Queues & Delays If you require to leave the pontoon to pick up other tackle items it should ONLY BE ONE OF YOU, the other angler in charge of the engine remains in the boat.
Returning to the pontoon
- Fishery staff will be controlling the number of anglers on the pontoon at any one time.
BE PREPARED TO WAIT for their instructions for you to come forward & secure the boat to the pontoon.
- On returning have your tackle ready to vacate the boat & pontoon as quickly as possible.
- Boats & Life Jackets will be Disinfected after every session.
- At all times comply with the instructions given by the fishery staff, this is to ensure we meet our current operating guidelines & social distancing rules.
- Remove your litter from the boat & place it in the dustbins provided at the fisheries.
Draycote gutting room is closed